08 June 2010

Eerie Summer Playlist

June Gloom is in full gear - nothing quite like the looming cloudcover to remind Angelenos of the mounting troubles of our time... But I'm embracing the eeriness of the summer's dark and cool commencement by indulging in some spooky tunes, new and old, and rather enjoying my brooding commute down the coast - I feel like I'm in a '60s spy film!

In no particular order, here's what I'm listening to right now:
"Come On Let's Go" by Broadcast
"Dance They Way I Feel" by Ou Est Le Swimming Pool
"The Ghost Inside" by Broken Bells
"Silver Soul" by Beach House
"Temecula Sunrise" by Dirty Projectors
"Everlasting Light" by The Black Keys
"Human" by Goldfrapp
"O Morro Nao Tem Vez" by Antonio Carlos Jobim, Stan Getz & others
"Paper Ships (feat.the Silverlake Conservatory of Music Children's Choir)" - by Dead Man's Bones (I think I hear a theremin on this one!!)
"Incense and Peppermints" by Strawberry Alarm Clock
"A Whiter Shade of Pale" by Procol Harum
"I Feel Free" by Cream
"Not So Sweet Martha Lorraine" by Country Joe & the Fish
"The Duck (O Pato)" by Charlie Byrd
"Caroline, No" by Matthew Kaminski
"Tighten Up" by The Black Keys
"The Only One" by The Black Keys
"Mood Indigo" by Nina Simone
"Ooh La La" by Goldfrapp
"Dead Hearts" by Dead Man's Bones (Wow, check out this video!)
"Runaway" by Del Shannon
"In the Room Where You Sleep" by Dead Man's Bones

Right now I'm really into the whole Brothers album, as well as Antonio Carlos Jobim's samba classic Wave, some Dead Man's Bones, Dirty Projectors' Bitte Orca, and anything with heavy fuzz, creepy keyboard & theremin. I've got a groovy 60's Palm Springs cabana/Los Angeles heist/backwater angst/stolen kisses in a graveyard vibe going on...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails