06 June 2007

Grocery Bags

Last week I bought a re-usable grocery bag from How's. It's royal blue and nondescript otherwise, but I have gotten a lot of use out of it already.

My mom has a bunch that my brother and sister's school was giving out for free and I used them shopping at Ralph's today. While I was there I noticed that Ralph's was selling bags of its own, as well. It's nice to know that so many people are incorporating easy changes into their lifestyles that can really make a difference.

In fact, the City of San Francisco recently banned the use of plastic grocery bags altogether, and I think that's a great idea. Hopefully Los Angeles is soon to follow.

Of course this has now turned into a sort of fashion trend with high fashion designers producing pricey bags for all one's shopping needs. That seems a bit silly to me, like, shopping for packaging. Do something else with your money, people. Plant a tree. I saw a report on TV about these bags, and some of them were quite cute and inexpensive, as well. In fact, some company, I forget which, was giving them away for free. I believe the one I got from How's was 99 cents.

So, another easy way to live consciously... just don't be like my mom and forget the bags in the car every time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails