30 April 2010

Kings of Leon announce their tourmates

So... if you check some of my previous posts, you will see that I am a bit of a superfan when it comes to the brothers Followill. My poor roommates in college had to put up with me blasting "Trani" and "On Call" and "Milk" on repeat, when everybody was into Beyonce and Fergie. Yes, they are good-looking and sure, they have an interesting story, but I just can't get enough of their sound. The blood in my veins pulses to a rock 'n' roll beat. I can't be cured.

Thus afflicted, I naturally have tickets to see them this summer at the Hollywood Bowl. I'm very excited, as I couldn't think of a better venue to see them. The point of this post, though, is to underscore the momentous event that I've just learned, which, in fact, proves that a better scenario DOES exist: KoL has just announced that throughout the month of September, The Black Keys will be opening for them. Now, allow me to elucidate the significance of this revelation: Last week I bought the Key's new single "Tighten Up". On vinyl. Yeah... I don't even own a record player. At least not yet. They are my second favorite band. Yep, just let that all sink in. Get cozy with that.

The Kings of Leon and The Black Keys will be touring together from September 3rd (Indianapolis) through September 24th (Dallas). Unfortunately the Keys won't be in California at all this summer, but no matter, I WILL be at one of these shows.

Oh, and I would be remiss if I didn't mention that today is the last day to enter the "King of the Lawn" ticket giveaway sweepstakes. Enter here.

A review of the as yet unplayable record is available here. You can add to your record collection, too: Click here. In the meantime, here's something to tickle your ears and wallop your soul:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails